Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Five: Where to hide your Chocolate stash

With Valentines Day over and the Chocolate on the Beach Festival just around the corner, I got to thinking;  a chocoholic like myself has many places to stash chocolate in the house.  But am I alone in this endeavor? Are there others out there like myself who hide their sweets from family and friends and maybe even from themselves?

A quick survey of the ladies at work told me that I was not alone (thank goodness, one less thing to worry about before bedtime tonight). Aparently, there are many places to hide "the goods" at home and at work.  Here are some of the best, just to name a few.

1.  Clean laundry and chocolate...don't nessesarily go together.  However when stashing your chocolate a perfect hidy hole might be the pockets of your clean laudry hanging in your closet!  This one was one out of my own personal arsenal.  However, it was pointed out to me that if you have a forgetful mind, this might not be the place to hide squishy yummy treats that when washed will most certainly ruin your favorite winter coat. Also, now having revealed my secret stash I am sure my husband now knows exactly where to look for the Whatchamacalits!

2. In the fridge was a popular runner up, but I did some research on this one.  Chocolate absorbs odor rather readily.  So the next time you bite into that special dark Hershey bar, you might also be tasting last nights meatloaf!  The freezer was also mentioned in this conversation, yet I can only imagine the number of cracked teeth from impatient nibbling on a morsel of chocolate that had not quite defrosted.

3. My favorite answer to the question where do you hide your chocolate stash?  What stash?  I eat it! 

4. For those not willing to risk the hazards of late night snacking, and if you really do trust your co-workers, stashing your candy at work seems like a wonderful option.  There are loads of places in our work spaces to hide the yummy goodies.  The desk, for one, preferably in a drawer that locks!  The top cabinet in the break room, or your work locker.  The list is endless and the chocolate cannot taunt you when you are relaxing on the couch at the end of the day...just when you are in the middle of a stressful meeting or deadline or ... on second thought, maybe having a work stash isn't such a good idea! 

5.  Fill in the blank... I really do need your help.  I couldn't come up with a final place to hide your candy stash and am seeking the help of the capable hands of Grays Harbor Residents!  Where do you hide those Cupcakes from The Recipe Box, and your Seattles chocolates from Harbor Drug and Gifts?  Leave a comment on this post and let me know! I am in search of a new spot since I am sure my husband will be wise to the pockets of my coats now;)

No comments:

Post a Comment