Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Five: Good Fortunes

It sounded like such a good idea at first... a progressive Chinese dinner! Five restaurants in one magical night.

1.

We were off to a good start and this fortune only assured us that we would reach our goal for the evening. Our first stop was the Canton Cafe. Quite the unassuming joint, but oh the decor! The 60's table tops mixed with 30's glass chandeliers and high wood walled booths. It was an amazing combination. The potstickers weren't so bad either.



Actually they were really good. Did you also know that this place is open until midnight? They also have a juke box and if you're lucky, as we were, you may have a drunken couple playing you the hits from Backstreet Boys and Ricky Martin. I'm just going to put that information in my back pocket for some future evening.

2.


... think about it.

PS - Ocean Palace also has great broccoli beef



3.

Don't mind if I do. Most fortune cookies are full of good news, but I always enjoy the extreme ego boost fortunes. These ones keep my vanity at a high level and typically leave me coming back for more... and I'll take some more of this egg flower soup and pork fried rice from Chinese Village too, while you're at it.



... and a beer too, please.



4.

Greenery? What celebration? I spend most of my time sitting at home in front of the television (just kidding! I'm fun! I have friends! Stop judging me). There's nothing like a confusing fortune such as this one.... I hope I get invited to a party. I'll bring a tree.


How about an origami crane instead? Stefanie is working on it.

5.

I see fortunes such as this to be a challenge. Fortunes from the Golden Dragon really put the pressure on! You better have something awesome planned now or else the world might come crashing down around you. You WILL enjoy doing something different this weekend. I know for sure that Chinese food won't be on the list because I have had enough to last me a good while. At least until Monday. Maybe I'll spend the weekend eating tacos.



This is me super full after eating too much Chinese food... and in case you didn't notice, the first fortune was dead wrong because we only made it to 4 restaurants. Take that, fortune cookie!

1 comment:

  1. My latest fortune insists "You will attain the highest levels of achievement." How's that for pressure? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to just sit back and wait for it because it's inevitable, or if I'm supposed to start working my tail off to ensure it happens.

    ReplyDelete