Friday, August 31, 2012

LUNCH- al fresco, please!


 We have been busy this summer. Between less than reliable weather and mega packed schedules, we have barely had enough time to enjoy the sunny days as they come. With September sneaking up on us, I feel like I have to make an extra effort to enjoy the good weather as it comes.

So yesterday, I made time. My kids are currently obsessed with the "bumpy slide" at Sam Benn Park so I surprised them with an impromptu picnic. We grabbed lunch at LUNCH and hopped up the hill to bask in the beautiful weather.

I chose the Chicken Bacon Avocado with a salad this time around. Did you know pretty much everything is made-from-scratch at Lunch? Even the little things you wouldn't expect. Like the vinaigrette. My pallette isn't refined enough to be sure if it was finely chopped onions or shallots in the dressing, but even an "unfoodie" would notice the difference in freshness. It's the little things that really make the difference.

It's not always easy to get away for lunch time, but having to sit down and to eat a meal is a good excuse to take some time out and make sure I don't miss the last rays of Summer. Maybe if I keep paying attention and appreciating the sun (like I should have been all summer!) Mother Nature will take notice and keep on shining through, oh, say November?

We'll see. But worst case scenario, the word on the street is Erin is conspiring to dust off some hearty, seasonal, and satisfying fall menu items. And Lunch's dining room has plenty of chairs and giant windows I can sit behind and admire autumn.

I would like to point out the proper distribution of bacon.
But I can worry about that in November. Now is the time to notice it's still summer.

Wonderful food awaits at LUNCH Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4pm. 
Call (360) 537-6095 to reserve a large table or just stop by 1006 North H Street in Aberdeen. Don't forget your picnic blanket!





No comments:

Post a Comment