Wednesday, August 8, 2012

County Fair Kicks Off Today


Wahoo! Today kicks off the annual County Fair in Elma! Are you going? What day are you going?! What's your favorite part? Food? Animals? Exhibits? Entertainment? Games? Rides? Rides!!!

If it seems like I'm excited about the County Fair, its because I am. The fair is the epitome of summer in a place where we aren't gauranteed other summer staples... you know, like sun and heat. I look forward to the fair every year as my opportunity to be a little country, have some fun and celebrate the summer season. And if you've ever been to another county's fair, you know that Grays Harbor puts on one impressive festival! And if you haven't....consider yourself lucky. I lived outside of Washington State for four years and I never encountered a fair that was as robust or country as Grays Harbor's.

I'd write more, but I'm way too excited to get there already!

This year's theme is "Our Colors, Our Country, Our County Fair" and the five days of fun starts today. Visit the GH County Fair website for more information on admission, events, entertainment times and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment