Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Five: The T-Shirt Profiles

Since I am a t-shirt quilter, I see an awful lot of t-shirts. Here's what I've learned: there are a lot of t-shirts and I've almost never come across the same t-shirt twice, people love and are proud of their t-shirts, and t-shirt quilts always end up having some theme.

So, I was thinking about what t-shirts I might most commonly find in Grays Harbor and here they are!

The Pirate

This t-shirt is most likely worn by someone living in Westport... possibly a fisherman... or maybe just someone who likes to drink rum and look out over the marina in their spare time.


The Sci-Fi Nerd

They are most often found wearing t-shirts that only their nerdy friends would find funny. Their weekends and evenings might be consumed by Star Trek marathons or hanging out at the Comic Book store on Simpson Ave (you know the one).


The Logger (or The Hipster)

It seems difficult to tell the difference between loggers and hipsters these days... full beards, flannel shirts, axes... wait.


The Performer

The performers often travel in packs... singing and dancing packs (think West Side Story). They loiter around the Bishop Center and 7th Street Theater waiting for their big break. Or you might see them late on Friday night at Billy's... still in full makeup celebrating another successful show.


The Sports Fanatic

Most often sporting their team t-shirt, you'll find them at the baseball fields or the football stadium cheering on their favorite players. The most serious fans, of course, belong to the Bobcats or Grizzlies... (I didn't want to seemed biased so this picture contains both team colors - hah!)


My very first t-shirt quilt was made 8 years ago of t-shirts I picked up during my years at Aberdeen High School. I'm excited to bring this business back to Grays Harbor and I hope you'll be proud to sport your Queen B Quilt at the next pirate festival/movie marathon/logger's playday/musical/soccer game!




No comments:

Post a Comment