Friday, August 31, 2012

A Weekend in Pacific Beach

One of the best parts about living in Grays Harbor, in my humble opinion, is our close proximity to beautiful natural wonders like the ocean, the rainforest and dive bar karaoke.

Earlier this month I took a little weekend trip up to Pacific Beach to enjoy some of these uniquely Northwest activities. It seems to me that Pacific Beach and the surrounding area has gone mostly undiscovered by Harborites and I'm not sure why... maybe you just really prefer your beaches to be covered in mopeds. For me, I like the solitude of the beach and the opportunity to relax on the sand and spend some time contemplating life. And while I was in PB I got in some quality relaxation time.


I stayed at the Pacific Beach Inn, one of our lovely sponsors. Their rooms are cute and beachy, with an ocean view and very spacious. Nice, cozy rooms should be high on your priority list when planning your beach vacation because you might end up spending a decent amount of time inside since the weather is sometimes rainy. I love a good rainy day at the beach because then I can sip my coffee and take in the views while staying nice and comfy inside. 

Luckily, the weather was pretty good while I was in Pacific Beach. From the Pacific Beach Inn, it is just a short walk to get onto the beach. I spent some time walking along the shoreline and building a sand castle before the marine fog rolled in for the evening.


The Pacific Beach Inn is also a great home base for the traveler looking to see some of those natural wonders I mentioned before. The beach is just steps away, but the forest is also incredibly close. Drive just a few minutes North or South and you'll find plenty of wooded areas to hike around. And after a long day of hiking, you'll probably need to let loose with some local karaoke and a drink. The Seagate is  close by and will provide you with a nice sobering walk back to the Inn after the night is done.


"BUT DO THEY SERVE ESPRESSO?" you're probably asking... yes! In fact, I counted four locations serving up the good stuff within three blocks of the Inn. You'll also find a few gift shops and restaurants very close by.

So, what are you waiting for? Make your reservations today! Or check it out while you're up in Pacific Beach for the End of Summer Sand Fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment