Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Saturday Shopper: Lunch


Lunch   
Owned by Erin Worth
Established November 2011            

1006 North H Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520  
360.537.6095

Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:00     

All About the Business:  I started Lunch because I wanted to do food my way here on the Harbor.  My concept for Lunch was based on the fact that I actually love to go out to lunch with my mom and friends.  It's casual with no high expectations of greatness but the familiarity is there and it should make you feel at ease.  Not that I don't have high expectations for Lunch, I want it to come across to people as a fun place to eat and hide away from whatever is going on in their lives at the time; a great escape for an hour or two.

The Lunch Crew
Most of the ideas for the menu are recipes that I have collected from my time at Etta's and from old family recipes that I have worked to recreate for my customers.  I also draw inspiration from a collection of cookbooks and a stack of magazines that sit in my office.  I don't believe in recreating the wheel in culinary terms but I do want to provide you with good fresh food with a hint of sophistication.

We sell mostly sandwiches, soups, and salads. We have added Deep River snacks into the mix with their gluten free chips for the summer and they have really taken off.  We also have fresh scones in the morning, caramel brownies, and an assortment of Wow Baking gluten free desserts.

I try and stay as local as I can with my products.  If I do any name dropping it will be a product from the PNW because I want to promote local products.  Even most of my gifts and cards are coming from the west coast.

One of Lunch's delicious creations,
made with local products as much as possible.


What Makes Your Business So Unique? We make almost everything from scratch; from the mayo to the soups, there isn't anything here that comes pre-packaged or already made from concentrate.  I feel that my customers can taste the difference and it's a refreshing thing to see on the harbor.

This summer I am excited to announce that we are participating in a local farm share and we will be running farm share specials all summer.  It's going to be a little like Iron Chef/Chopped where we get a box of ingredients and we have to figure out to put them together for a fun culinary experience. 

It doesn't get much better than a from-scratch brownie.
                 

Any Advice for First Time Customers? You order at the front counter in the cafe.  We get some people who will sit down right away and expect someone to come to their table but unfortunately that isn't the way it works.  Once you order though we will bring the food out to you and clear your plate.

Oh, and have a good time.  Music is always playing and there are plenty of things to read if you are by yourself.  All else fails ask Callie Prat any question and she'll be able to help you.



No comments:

Post a Comment