Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hey There Harborite; Jen Regan


Name: Jen Regan

Where do you live: Pacific Beach Inn, Pacific Beach

Profession/Day job: Innkeeper at Pacific Beach Inn

Loyal to: Since I didn't grow up in the Harbor, I'll just plead Mariners fan. And hope for the best.

Best Harbor Moment: Having the wedding of my dreams with the most amazing friends and family all around to celebrate with us near the Pacific Beach State Park. It was the most beautiful drizzly day, and I will remember it forever.

Favorite Coffee Stand: Hi Flyers Kite Shop. The perfect place to grab a (leisurely) cup of coffee and hear about what the whole town is up to.

Favorite Local Business: I'm a huge fan of Hometown Feed's great service, and addicted to Grays General Store for all my craft addiction needs. Closer to home, I love Voss Acres, and the small beach town feel of the Seagate Lounge.

Grunge, Metal or Country: I'll have to plead grunge.

Beach, Forest or River: I live a stone's throw from the beach, but each time I visit the forest I want to go back for more!

Favorite outdoor adventure or day trip: My kids and I are slowly but surely exploring our way around Lake Quinalt. I love all the secret nooks we've found so far.

Best way to stay dry on rainy days: Invest in sturdy rain gear.

Define the Harbor in one word: Vast

If you could change one thing about the area, what would it be: More connections between local businesses. I feel like the Harbor is just moments away from becoming a real destination, not only for tourists passing through, but for the local community as well.

Grays Harbor's best kept secret: I know I'm a bit partial, but I think the town of Pacific Beach really has the best the Harbor has to offer. We are close to beaches for kites, the rivers for fishing, the forest for hiking and camping and less intrepid travelers usually get stopped up in Ocean Shores and keep our town a quiet place for those who know where to look

No comments:

Post a Comment