Saturday, September 15, 2012

Salmon Derby Starts Today!


Having lived on the harbor most of my life, it may be hard to believe that I am still learning to love Salmon.  I know, I can hear the shocked gasps from all of our readers, and yes I assure you that my husband is trying to fix that by bringing it home any chance he gets.
If you too love to 'bring home the salmon' then starting today and running through October 31st you have the opportunity to participate in the Boat Basin Derby in Westport.  Plunk in your line and reel in the big one for prizes big enough to warrant a "it was this big" fish tale.

As with all Derbys there comes some rules we all must follow.

Boat Basin Derby Rules
 
All fishing is to be done within the boundary of the Westport Marina.
Appropriate license required and regulation fishing tackle & methods.
No derby ticket required.
Fish can be weighed in on Float 8 Slip G at Seafood Connection between the hours of 10am and 5pm.
Fish are to be weighed in whole (magnet tested).
No fish are to be cleaned while at the marina.
Prizes will be awarded based on weight using length for a tie breaker.
Prizes will be awarded for top 3 fish in the adult category and top 3 fish in the childrens category. One prize per angler.  Additional prizes will be awarded as available.
Top prize winners in both categories will have their names placed on the Boat Basin Derby Trophy.
Winners will be announced Nov 1st.
A generational Derby has also been announced, so head to the Westport-Grayland Chamber of Commerce website to check out all the details.  I know my husband will be, so I better be on the look out for great recipes for Salmon this fall and you should too!


No comments:

Post a Comment