Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hey There, Harborite: Lisa Smith


Name/Age: Lisa J. Smith/27

Where do you live: Cosmopolis

Profession/Day job: Office Manager-Imperium Grays Harbor

Loyal to: (bobcats, grizzlies, whatever) Bobcats

Best Harbor Moment: The winter storm of 2007. Almost any storm on the Harbor is a memorable moment for me as I have always been fascinated by weather. I know that some people who read this may think I am crazy but that storm was so exciting. I am always fascinated by Mother Nature's
power, it is never to be under estimated.

Favorite Coffee Stand: Coffeeman! I've been going to them for the past 5 years almost every morning!!

Favorite Local Business: Herbig Jewelers! I love going into Herbig Jewelers to shop and sometimes I swing by just to say hi and have my rings cleaned. From fine jewelry to candles, they have a bit of everything. Owner Mark Herbig and his staff have come to know me quite well over the years and I always feel like I am well taken care of by all the staff. They've even helped my mother pick out a Christmas gift for me that was perfect because they knew exactly what I liked.

Grunge, Metal or Country: All of the above, just depends on my mood. During work hours I actually listen to classical piano.

Beach, Forest or River: Forest! I'm a logger's daughter and I grew up in the forest and have great respect for the beauty and bounty that our forests provide.

Favorite outdoor adventure or day trip: My favorite outdoor adventure is out in North River where I grew up. There is a logging road that I like to adventure out on when the weather is nice. There is a spot where I can see Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountain range, the wind turbines on the coast, the nuclear towers at Satsop Development Park, and forest for as far as the eye can see.

Best way to stay dry on rainy days: I don't bother trying to stay dry! I've grown to accept the rain over the years. Getting a little wet doesn't dampen my day!

Define the Harbor in one word: Home

If you could change one thing about the area, what would it be: Unemployment. I believe that higher employment numbers for this area would have a positive compounding effect on Grays Harbor.

Grays Harbor's best kept secret: Imperium Grays Harbor! And that's not because I work there! We have been at the Port of Grays Harbor for over 5 years now and I still have people from Grays Harbor asking who is Imperium and what do we do. And for those reading this that may not know, Imperium Grays Harbor is one of the largest bio diesel manufacturer's in the United States. The fact that we are producing a renewable fuel right here in Grays Harbor makes me very proud of where I work and what I do for a living. I absolutely love talking about what we do at Imperium as I am very passionate about my job. As our industry continues to grow, I hope we won't be the best kept secret in Grays Harbor and that our community can be proud to have such a unique and amazing manufacturer right here in Grays Harbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment