Thursday, April 26, 2012

Al Fresco is in at Lake Aberdeen



My husband and 3 year old daughter enjoy
our first picnic of the season at Lake Aberdeen
My family and I took advantage of the nice weather we had last weekend and used the opportunity to break out the picnic basket for our first family picnic of the season. When deciding where to enjoy the sunny afternoon my husband suggested Lake Aberdeen and I'll admit I forgot they had revamped the Lake of my youth last year. Of course it's always at the forefront of his mind, because he's a fisherman and the hatchery is always an attraction he enjoys.


The new playscape integrates seamlessly
into the natural park setting.
It ended up being the perfect lunch spot and I have to wonder how many other harborites may not realize that, with its face lift complete, these days Lake Aberdeen is a beautiful recreation area that still features all of the same classic outdoor activities. There's still the "H" shaped dock that outlines the gravel-beached swimming area, the aforementioned hatchery to explore, the boat launch, the stocked fish, the eagles soaring above the stocked water and the countless newts to catch. But there's also a brand new, "natural rock" facade playscape for kids, fresh picnic structures and a lush green grass lawn that will most likely make you resentful of your own lawn.


View of the manicured picnic area from the dock. My daughter
(bottom right corner) peers curiously into the water.


If you've never been before, here is Google Maps to tell you all about how to get there (visually). The exit that will get you there is right across from LeMay in Central park if you're looking for a landmark.

View Larger Map



No comments:

Post a Comment