Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hey There, Harborite: Don Stone



Name/Age: Don Stone / 41

Where do you live: Cosmopolis

Profession/Day job: Co-Owner, Rosevear's Music Center

Loyal to: Bobcats (but in my heart I'll always be a Cosi Termite too!)

Best Harbor Moment: Tough question. Since I've lived here my whole life there's been quite a few, but today I'll go with the day my folks took me down to Rosevear's so I could buy my first electric guitar. I started playing guitar when I was 15 and got fairly obsessed with music. I'm thankful that the majority of my professional life I've been able to be involved with music some how. I'm as goofy about guitars now as I was then, and I can still remember everything about that car ride over to Rosevear's and picking up that Strat. That was a Good Day. ;)

Favorite Coffee Stand: I don't like coffee... can we talk cheeseburgers?

OK Favorite restaurant to get cheeseburgers: well there are so many that do a great job, how can I just pick one from the group? It'd be like a parent saying they had a favorite child.

Fine... top 3?: well... it probably changes from day to day, but right now I'll say (in no particular order) Clark's, The Crow's Nest, and Humdinger (and I can't help myself here, I have to give Honor and Remembrance to my Grandparent's restaurant Stone's Cafe in Hoquiam, and Privatski's up at AHS. Best burgers that no longer exist in this world. Excuse me... *sniff* I need a moment to compose myself.)

Favorite Local Business: well for obvious reasons I'm gonna have to go with Rosevear's. Outside of the Home Team though I'm gonna have to go with Dennis Company. 

Grunge, Metal or Country: I kinda like it all. I'm not a huge fan of grunge, but if there are guitars in it, generally I can find something I like.

Beach, Forest or River: Depends on my mood on any given day. Around here they're all great!

Favorite outdoor adventure or day trip: taking a Jeep ride in the woods

Best way to stay dry on rainy days: finding a cozy spot to sit and play guitar.

Define the Harbor in one word: damp

If you could change one thing about the area, what would it be: I would love to see downtown Aberdeen get back to what it was like when I was a kid.

Grays Harbor's best kept secret: Viet Hoa restaurant in Ocean Shores. Best Chinese food ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment