Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hey There, Harborite - Britta Folden



Name/Age: Britta Folden - 27

Where do you live: Aberdeen, I've been told it's the "Weatherwax neighborhood"

Profession/Day job: Quilter by day, Blogger by Night, soon to be Retail store owner

Loyal to: Bobcats... I still know the fight song

Best Harbor Moment: I went to the Green Lantern in Copalis Beach one cold night last year and played Steve Winwood on the juke box. The regulars were not pleased.

Favorite Coffee Stand: I prefer indoor coffee shops where I can sit and read a book, Tully's is usually a good pick

Favorite Local Business: I love hanging out at Rosevear's and shopping at the B Street Thrift Store

Grunge, Metal or Country: Well, I love flannel so I suppose Grunge... but really I listen to folk, soul or electronic music.

Beach, Forest or River: I love the north beaches, where the forest comes right up to the coast. It all seems so grand.

Favorite outdoor adventure or day trip: I feel like there is a lot to explore here and I've barely scratched the surface! With that said, I love going to Westport to watch the surfers, check out the boats and eat some tasty seafood at the Half Moon Bay restaurant... and maybe stop at the Westport Winery on the way back for some wine.

Best way to stay dry on rainy days: I say, suck it up and go outside anyway. No hoods. No umbrella. Unless it's cold - then I'm inside the house by the fire

Define the Harbor in one word: Gritty

If you could change one thing about the area, what would it be: I want to see more people attending events and asking for more! I also would love to see a bigger live music scene - particularly from PNW artists

Grays Harbor's best kept secret: I'm a big fan of design and architecture and there are some really beautiful buildings in Aberdeen and Hoquiam that most people don't seem to notice. They might be run down, but the details are amazing. I spend most sleepless nights dreaming about what they used to look like back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment