Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lighthouse Ballet Academy presents Don Quixote

This weekend, you will have the opportunity to see incredibly cute children having a fabulous time dancing to classical music on stage.

(ex. 1: cute child)

Not only will they be having a good time, these children have actually been instructed on various ways to move around so that we, the audience, might find it entertaining (and also probably incredibly cute - just saying). 

(ex. 2: children with skills)

The Lighthouse Ballet Academy of Hoquiam will be performing Don Quixote this Friday and Saturday at the Aberdeen High School auditorium. Luis, the Academy's head honcho, ensures me it will be a great show with beautiful costumes and lovely choreography. "After seeing our ballet, you will no longer need to go to Seattle to see a beautiful show," he says. Based on his dance posture, I'm going to trust him.

(ex. 3: professionals)

From what I remember from the episode of Wishbone that I watched when I was in 7th grade, Don Quixote is a pretty cool story and, I'm guessing, a very interesting ballet. I was particularly excited to see these boys with masks on during the rehearsal I dropped in on.

(ex. 4: bearded children)

There certainly are many reasons to check out the show this weekend. To find out more about the story behind the ballet and to get your tickets, check out the Lighthouse Ballet Academy website!

1 comment: