Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hey There, Harborite: John E. Miller

Name/Age: John E. Miller

Where do you live: Hoquiam

Profession/Day Job: Retired/Volunteer

Loyal to: my wife, my family and my friends

Best Harbor Moment: I really enjoy the holidays in Grays Harbor. When all the lights and decorations are out. When the candy canes are hung on the lightposts in Hoquiam. I think they are the same candy canes they had when I was little. Brings a very homey feeling to me and I love it.


Favorite Coffee Stand: I do not drink coffee, but my wife does. The people at Black HIlls Coffee in the parking lot of Southside Swansons are very friendly and it is her favorite stop.


Favorite Local Business: Books on 7th. Hands down. I love the people who work there and I love the store itself. It feels very much like an old friend to me. I also like Taqueria El Jalapeno and Marshalls Garden and Pet. Clark's is also a rare treat, when we can make it out there.


Grunge, Metal or Country: Metal. If I have to choose one of these three, then metal all the way.


Beach, Forest or River: I like the beach, but it is so unpredictable. It can be 90 here in Hoquiam, but by the time we get to the beach it is 61 degrees and windy as all get out. When the planets are all aligned though, I like the beach most.


Favorite outdoor adventure or day trip: I love a sunny weekend when my wife and I go out for a nice breakfast someplace and then cruise the county for yard sales. I love spending time with her and ncie weather is always a bonus!


Define the Harbor in one word: home


If you could change one thing about the area, what would it be: I wish more people would shop locally.


Grays Harbor's best kept secret: That Humdinger's french fries are more addictive than heroin.

No comments:

Post a Comment