Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hey There, Harborite: Cassie Lentz





Name/Age: Cassie Lentz/24

Where do you live: Wishkah/Aberdeen

Profession/Day Job: Program Officer at Grays Harbor Community Foundation


Loyal to: Bobcats!


Best Harbor Moment: Just being able to live, work, play and have amazing friends and family all within a 20 minute drive. My husband and I got engaged at Lake Quinault, got married in Ocean Shores, and now live out the Wishkah and I wouldn't have it any other way.


Favorite Coffee Stand: Backstage Espresso, they have great coffee, great service and it's always a nice quiet place to meet a friend and chat or have a business meeting. Last time I ran in there to buy tickets to a show at the D & R I ran into 4 people I knew.


Favorite Local Business: Oh my gosh there are so many! Just on the same block where I work I go to Harbor Drug and Pure Clothing constantly! Harbor Drug always has a card when I need to get one and mail it fast, not to mention that's where I discovered my obsession with Woodwick Candles. Pure Clothing has cute clothes, accessories and Jokay gives personal recommendations when I come in on stuff I would like.


Grunge, Metal or Country: Country. I listen to it all but I live out the Wishkah, I have to say Country.


Beach, Forest, or River: I have to say the view from my backyard of the Wishkah River is pretty amazing.


Favorite Outdoor Adventure or Day Trip: Lake Quinault, it's a quick drive and it can be an all-day adventure or just an hour-long hike depending on your mood. Plus it's beautiful year round.


Define the Harbor in One Word: Home


If you could change one thing about the area, what would it be: Does the weather count? I really don't mind the rain but I've been waiting to have a "real" summer for a solid 3 years now.


Grays Harbor's Best Kept Secret: I know it sounds corny but I'm going to say the people. In my job I work with a wide range of people from high school students to the elderly and they all have been so welcoming, kind, and caring. People support each other and really do care how your day is going. It's a very cool experience to know and have a relationship with every high school counselor, non profit executive, and other community leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment