Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Five: Wine Not Relax with a Glass?

Ah, wine. If I didn't have amazing friends and no one found it odd to have a beverage as a BFF, wine would be my bestie. Like a true friend, she (white wine is obviously female) makes me feel better when I'm down and makes almost any situation go from good to great. While I usually get to enjoy her company in my living room with my cat in my pajamas after my daughter goes to bed, I sometimes like to enjoy her in public. Hey, she deserves to be shown off and besides, I like to think she makes me look classy.

So.... wine don't you get your class on and celebrate Friday in style at one of my favorite harbor wine spots?

1) The Cellar Club - 110 W. Pioneer Avenue, Montesano
Now this place is classy. Descend the unassuming entryway stairs into a complete wine haven. Vineyard decor, low lighting and comfortable furniture create a casual and intimate setting to relax with friends over a glass of wine. And the wine.... ahhhh. Not only is the selection devine here, but it features a hefty amount of Washington vineyards! I like to come here when I want to pretend I'm sophisticated. Sophisticated meaning I want to break out my fancy blouse and heels. Whoa! Blouse? See, I get all sophisticated just thinking about going here.


2) The Westport Winery- 1 South Arbor Road, Aberdeen
Best Winery 2010 by Evening Magazine's Best Northwest Escapes. No wonder! This place is awesome. You can taste wine here, drink wine here, buy wine here, and sign up to have wine shipped to your house here! It's award winning deliciousness themed after all things PNW. I love Float white wine and Shorebird Chardonnay and they have tons of other wines to suit your tastes. And wine cocktails! But wait... there's more! Don't forget to eat something while you're here from the delectable restaurant or bakery. Besides, I think if you eat more, you can drink more. No? Oh.


3) Amore Italian Restaurant- 116 West Heron St, Aberdeen
Mmmm, pasta and wine. There is no better pairing than Italy and wine (it just looks good together- check out the picture!). Amore is a great place to go for a quick date night (everything we do as parents of a 3 year old is programmed into us to be quick), a girls night out or a family dinner. The atmosphere is comfortably classy and I like the wine menu at Amore - it came into town just as I developed my adoration of the drink of the Gods. It features Washington wines, Italian wines and some classic wines for the not-so-adventurous enthusiast. I like to go for a different, yet consistently unpronounceable Italian wine each time I go. Food is another story - I can't pull myself away from ordering the Veal Piccata every time. Delicioso!



4) Sipping Serendipity Wine Shoppe- 849 Pointe Brown Avenue NW, Ocean Shores

What! A wine shoppe on the harbor this adorable that I knew nothing about?! It's true! I just located them online through the magic of Google. Now I must go. How serendipitous that they have Fabulous Friday pourings and here we are talking about wine on a Friday. Or is that just coincidental? Regardless, I say we need to make a trip out for some perusing and tasting. Ooh it says they do wine flights - my favorite way to experience new wines. If you've been here and it's wonderful, let me know.



5) Grocery Outlet- 217 Pacific Avenue, Aberdeen
Let me start off by saying please don't actually drink the wine at Grocery Outlet. Not that I've tried it, but I bet they frown upon it. Seriously though, if you're heading for the couch instead of the bar this evening, they do have a pretty serious wine section and it features some incredible bargains! So, I'll admit it- this is where I buy almost all of my wine. I love spending just $2.99 on a bottle. It means I can buy 3 bottles at least. I think GO might like wine as much as I do; they have an entire portion of their Barganista Blog dedicated to their wine section and you can read it here. Now, they do stock mostly final runs or discontinued wine, so the selection is always changing and isn't consistent at all. But that's the fun in it! Try something new without breaking the bank. Now get to that couch and rewatch last week's Walking Dead!


No comments:

Post a Comment