Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ever wonder what non-shameful behaviors take place in the house of a single lady?

Not that I like to reveal everything that goes on behind closed doors, but I recently read an article on yourtango.com that expressed a few behaviors that you should have no shame in doing. The more I read, the more I realized I probably wrote the article myself.  There’s a lot of people out there who I don’t think necessarily fully embrace their alone time.  When the spouse, kids, or whoever it is that occupies space in your home are not there, INDULDGE! Why not??? There’s so much you can do!  Heck, I do them and didn’t even realize the goings on in my home aren’t like they are in others… So I started thinking, “hmmmm, I bet my married with children friends can’t do this….”

 So, with that, I’m starting to stop taking my behaviors for granted, OR in shame!  And I completely suggest you taking a little time to yourself, and maybe enjoy a few moments in the life of a single girl. :) Because it IS pretty enjoyable.

At any time, I can eat an entire meal by standing around my kitchen counter, sitting on the couch, or heck, even in bed.  I don’t have to get out the fancy china OR set a table, and if I want, I can be naked. (this may end badly depending on what it is you’re eating, so proceed with caution).  On occasion… I eat right out of the pan I just cooked out of.  Is that bad? Nope. And sometimes I don’t actually feel like cooking. Imagine that… So, skip dinner, go right to desert… It’s the best part anyway.  I encourage those who are so used to routine to try to switch things up the next time they’re ‘alone’. 

Hours upon hours can be spent playing video games.  I realize I’m a girl… But I have a weakness for all things Nintendo.  I can also spend quite a bit of time watching ridiculous tv shows and movies on the Netflix… Such brilliance this whole Netflix thing is…. I’m still waiting for them to upload my favorite 90’s tv programming.  

Work out by practicing your ninja skills… Sometimes this happens when you aren’t really trying… You’ll hear a noise, and your brain gets the best of you and tells you that some big mammoth dude with a chainsaw is about to enter your bedroom and attack… Instant ninja mode.   – this has happened on more than one occasion; I wake up, and end up standing on top of my bed holding a golf club like a crazy baseball player…. Thankfully, I haven’t had to club anyone.  BUT, I fully believe that those ninja skills will come in handy one day.  And I hope they do for you as well. 

I’ve lost the cap to my toothpaste… and weekly I am scooping up paste goo off of my bathroom counter sink.  If I lived with someone else, I would find this to be incredibly gross.  Weird, when it’s YOU doing the ‘wrong’ behaviors, they simply don’t mean as much.  This may or may not go over well in your household.  Pretty sure if you misplace the cap, this would start an argument. (all the more reasons to live alone. Lol) but if you want to spice things up a bit, see what happens when you leave the lid off. 

DANCE!  Turn up the music and get down with your bad self.  Hey, I say even sing along!  You’re by yourself, right? No one can see you, or even hear you.  So where is the harm? Unless you have neighbors that like to stare you down through your window.  I guarantee if you REALLY get into it, not only does your mood improve, but you’ll even get more done around the house… This is one of my favorite things to do when the laundry has piled over so much that I no longer have clean socks to wear.   Who am I kidding, this is a weekly event.   

How do you enjoy a date night with yourself?   Find out what is on tv… nothing good?  Hit up Redbox… you’ll find these at 7-11’s, and you can rent a movie or a video game for a buck…. Or maybe it’s $1.20 now… Anyway…. Throw on the pajamas… find your snuggie or a forever lazy (don’t tell me you don’t have one of these…. To fully embrace the single lady lifestyle, one of these is a must)… Get yourself a small bowl of cereal, and lounge on the couch while indulging in either a red box movie, or late night infomercials.  And since the bowl is so small, it’s always okay to have another. Do this till you lose track. I mean, it’s just cereal, right? If you’re anything like me, you’ll remember you’re lactose intolerant and just end up with the entire box of Cap’n crunch in your lap. 

Ever had a pantless Saturday?  Try being Donald Duck for the day. That guy gets away with being in public sans pants.  I’m jealous.  And I’m also here to tell you that it’s actually quite freeing….Try it… if you hate it, you can hit me… but not hard, I’m fragile.  Feel free to throw in the dancing and ninja skills practicing with this.  And drink a mimosa… Oh, and it should be noted that this isn’t an ‘outdoor’ activity.  I would hate for someone to get an indecent exposure ticket for something I’ve suggested. So, opposite of what the guy says on Reading Rainbow… 

But if you need a good laugh, want to blow off some steam, or just want to change things up a bit... I truly suggest trying out any of these shameless activities. THAT you can take my word for... why? Because this is my life. and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment