Thursday, December 29, 2011

Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away

Wind. Rain. A permanent cloud cover above our heads. It's officially winter in the Pacific Northwest, and am I the only one who feels like Grays Harbor gets the brunt of it? When I cross that county line between Thurston and Grays Harbor everyday on my way home from work I can swear everything gets a little bit...well, "Gray"er. As with every winter, during these next few months I know I will find myself longing for the beautiful sunny scenes that we are treated to in August and September.

Like this one...

GH National Wildlife Refuge


Ahhh... and
this one.

Ocean Shores Kite Festival


(Feel any warmer?) If you're anything like me, you take a healthy dose of the sunshine supplement daily (vitamin D) and seriously consider taking up tanning just to feel sun-kissed (I always manage to talk myself out of it) to get through these colder, wetter months.

So as we begin the journey through winter in Grays Harbor yet again (only 83 days left!) I'm keeping my eye on the sunshine prize. You should do the same; I suggest something effortless yet instantly gratifying like changing your desktop photo to your favorite outdoor snapshot from the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment