Friday, September 14, 2012

Lake Sylvia Fall Festival

Just when you think summer is coming to an end around here, the sun comes out in full force blasting 90 degree weather and the people of Grays Harbor say "Summer ain't over until I have to dig out my hooded sweatshirt!" or something like that. They probably haven't realized this yet, but the kids are forced to go back to school so the adults can get outside and relax in the glorious September weather.

If the kids are starting to get wise to this trick, maybe you should bring them out for some weekend fun... and did you know there is a festival this Saturday at Lake Sylvia full of food, crafts, music and good old outdoorsy-ness?

The Friends of Schafer and Lake Sylvia are hosting the Discover Lake Sylvia Fall Festival, an free yearly event that revolves around a triathlon and the arts.

Kelsey Bergey, of Bergey Voice Studio, told us about this event since she is coordinating the musical entertainment. One of the featured musicians is her very own BVS student, Autumn McGiveron.

I would list all the activities that you can partake in this weekend at the Festival, but the list is so long! If it were me, I'd definitely hit up the Boy Scouts Dutch Oven Cooking for 1 or 2 (or 10) tastes... although not too much because I need my strength for the 3 legged race. Once I win that, I'll take my trophy on a victory lap around the lake and maybe learn something about the history and check out some art while I'm at it.

Sounds like a full day! 

Be sure to bring the whole family out to the FOSLS Discover Lake Sylvia Fall Festival. You can see the  full list of awesome things to do on their Facebook event page!

No comments:

Post a Comment