Saturday, September 8, 2012

Festival in the Park (school)

I have a long history with the town of Cosmopolis that goes back to childhood.  The city, and my parents of course, raised me.  I feel like an old soul that has been living in Cosi since the days when Neil Cooney built the first sawmill.  Maybe the reason for this is my mothers stories that she shares with me about her days as a Cosi termite (yes that really was the mascot!) Or how she could walk from one end of town to the other using only the alley ways.  Mill Creek park was always in these stories as well.  How her and her friends would swim in the pool that formed below the dam.  Well the dam has since broke and while the park is still there the festival that always culminated at the end of summer below the shady trees of the park has moved to the elementary school that so many cosi-ites know and love to this day.

Come out on Sunday the 9th and check out the booths, games and food.  The sense of community is rich and deep and the Lions Club burgers will keep you full!

No comments:

Post a Comment